Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I Don't Need No Doctor

Via Pete Abe, we got the news that David Robertson threw a bullpen session prior to last night's game and all went well. DRob hopes he needs just one more bullpen session before he gets back to into game action. That's great news for the Yankees, as Robertson was becoming a key cog in the bullpen prior to his elbow issue shutting him down following his September 5th appearance.

As you may recall, Robertson went to visit Dr. James Andrews and was told he didn't need any medical treatment, just rest and rehab. That of course is good news. The bad news is that the last time a highly effective Yankee righty reliever went to see Dr. Andrews and needed rest and rehab, he turned into an absolute turd upon his return.

Ray Charles would have turned 79 today. In honor of his birthday and the good news on David Robertson, I wanted to embed a video of Charles' "I Don't Need No Doctor", but I can't seem to find any. So here's a link to a sweet version from Humble Pie. This one is more true to the Charles version, and features John Scofield (who I like) and John Mayer (who I loathe). But we have to have a video from the birthday boy. So since I've alluded to Brian Bruney in this post, here's a Charles tune that summarizes the feelings many Yankee fans have towards Bruney at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment