Thursday, August 20, 2009

Remy Returns To Red Sox Booth

As the Yanks head into Boston for a big weekend series, here's a little follow-up on an item we posted last week. With the Yanks on the west coast with 10 PM start times for the past week, I've been keeping tabs on the Red Sox games during the earlier evening hours. During last night's telecast they announced that Jerry Remy will return to the NESN booth for this weekend's series.

Remy's return will be on a part-time basis, so with Fox and ESPN grabbing the Saturday and Sunday games respectively, Remy will have a good series to ease himself back into things. While I'm glad he's back, I hope the Yankees make his return a game to forget.

In unrelated announcer news, Michael Kay's vacation during the west coast trip, combined with the two off days, and the two national telecasts this weekend, mean that he'll call just one Yankee game in a twelve day stretch. I'm not going to complain about that at all. I don't think my liver (or my ears) can take much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment