Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Midday Linkaround

Sorry Fackers, it's a slow day in terms of news and a busy one for both Matt and me. Here are a couple of items of interest to get you through the afternoon.

-----

I hardly watched any of the Home Run Derby last night because in the process of drinking three beers at the bar, I saw a grand total of 11 home runs hit, thanks mostly to Brandon Inge's impressive display. How's that for action?!?! Didn't exactly entice me to turn it on when I got home, you know? Craig from Shysterball didn't watch much more, but he did jot more of his thoughts down.

Joel Sherman has three suggestions to improve the Derby. I like the first two, and even though third sounds like a good idea, it feels really dirty.

Sherman also posted three things he thinks about the Yanks at this point in the season. One of the items is a positive look at A-Rod. He's got 17HRs and 50RBIs despite missing the first 5 weeks of the season. Not too shabby, all things considered.

Looking at this post from Jason made me realize that A-Rod is still on pace to exceed Nate Silver's infamous projection, which I offered an alternative to back in February. Nate said 33, I said 42 and if A-Rod holds his pace of homering every 3.41 games he plays in, he'll end up with 39.


Mike from River Ave. Blues takes an in-depth look at the development of Austin Jackson. It's something we've attempted to do here in the past but Mike really knocks this one out of the park (even if Jackson has struggled to do so).


Josh has something in common with Andrew Bailey, but I have something in common with Mariano Rivera.

Remember when fan clubs were just for the Backstreet Boys and the Red Sox? Not anymore...

/hangs head in shame

And last but not least, allow me to offer a friendly travel tip: If you are going to smuggle cocaine in your golfing equipment, you might want to brush up on the basics of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment