Sunday, May 3, 2009

Game 25: Fool In The Rain

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this game probably isn't going to be played anytime soon. As of 11:58AM:

New Stadium Insider has a more detailed forcast (with updated radar images) from their guy Steve DiMartino which concludes that it's unlikely the game will be played today. 

PeteAbe thinks they will stick around for a while before calling it, because this is the Angels' last time in town this year. 

-----

While we wait, here is my absolute favorite Led Zeppelin song, Fool In The Rain. The lyrics tell the story of a guy who is supposed to meet a woman for a date and stands out in the rain waiting for her. He is beginning to come to the conclusion that he's been stood up when he realizes that he was waiting on the wrong block. He sprints to where they were supposed to meet, but of course, she has already left. The lyrics are amazingly evocative and the music beneath them is equally gripping. It's of those songs that so perfectly captures a moment and an emotion that I don't think I'll ever get sick of listening to it.

Interesting fact: It was never performed in concert because they thought it needed both piano and bass, but John Paul Jones could only play one or the other when the band was live on stage. 


Now I will stand in the rain on the corner,
I'll watch the people go shuffling downtown,
Another ten minutes no longer,
And then I'm turning around.

The clock on the walls moving slower,
My heart it sinks to the ground,
And the storm that I thought would blow over,
Clouds the light of the love that I found.

Now my body is starting to quiver,
And the palms of my hands getting wet,
I've got no reason to doubt you baby,
It's all a terrible mess.

I'll run in the rain 'til I'm breathless,
When I'm breathless I'll run 'til I drop, hey,
The thoughts of a fools kind of careless,
I'm just a fool waiting on the wrong block...

No comments:

Post a Comment