Monday, April 13, 2009

I Think We Can Drop The "Maybe"

It turns out it's not only Yankee fans that aren't huge fans of Dustin Pedrioa. He made some disparaging remarks about his hometown of Woodland, California in a Boston Magazine article, which not only resulted in this awkwardly configured but still hilarious sign, but something a lot more serious:

The Woodland Democrat reported that 47-year-old Kenneth Samuels allegedly made multiple phone calls to the Pedroia family business and threatened to shoot and kill the men of the Pedroia family. Those calls were traced and Samuels was subsequently arrested. The reason why Samuels allegedly threatened the Pedroias was not stated by the Woodland police.

Well at least he only threatened the men, right? Wow.

Some friendly advice: If you are going to insult a town/city, go for a bigger one where people won't take it so personally. Observe: FUCK BOSTON! In addition, you'll be less likely to offend a gun owning whack-job who is going to threaten to kill your family.

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm, friendly advice with "Fuck Boston" in the line. That does not sound too friendly to me. And considering populations, wouldn't you be more likely to offend some lunatic who considers professional athletes in Boston to be his, ahem, boys? Maybe not saying anything about your effed-up hometown would be the best way to go, mmmkay Dustin? Tough enough to win when you're in the lineup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, was just kidding about Fuck Boston. That's where I went to college and I have family there too.

    I just think that if you talk about big cities, the residents are less likely to feel like you are talking about them in particular. If someone says "New Yorkers are assholes", I could care less... some certainly are. But if they said the town where I grew up sucked, I would be more offended.

    Also, FWIW, it seems like the real crazy, dangerous and armed people stay away from bigger cities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on. I knew what you were getting at, just wanted to further the discussion. Naturally, cavalito backtracked from his recorded comments, saying...you guessed it, they were taken out of context.

    I think it's mostly the nut-job LONERS that stay out of the cities...

    Why is it so many NY fans went to school near Boston (Rhetorical)? Whatever the reason, you couldn't have learned all that much since you still cheer for the Yankees. ZING! FYI, was turned on to your blog by Jason @ IIATMS...good stuff. And, it's fun to cyber-walk amongst the enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the article: "You can quote me on that. I don't give a shit." He shakes his head.

    Not too much gray area there.

    There are so many more colleges in Boston than NYC, which might have something to do with it. Jason has been berry berry good to me in terms of sending readers over. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm offended! And took that personally! (not really)

    Also, I think I may have a crush on your blog. And I feel dirty because of it.

    ReplyDelete