Friday, January 16, 2009

Todd Drew, Rest In Peace

Some sad news coming from the Bronx Banter yesterday. Alex Belth had the unfortunate task of informing the Yankees Blogosphere that Todd Drew of Yankees for Justice and the Bronx Banter lost his fight with cancer.

Todd's feature, "Shadow Games" at the Banter was something I thoroughly enjoyed. He did a wonderful job portraying the mood of the Bombers faithful through his stories. He was one hell of a writer and an even bigger Yankees fan.

Below is Todd's final comment under his post about baseball and his cancer:

25. Todd Drew
December 23rd, 2008 at 5:10 am
thelarmis, I'm getting ready to go to the hospital and I wanted to check in one last time. I am really touched by your comments. You really made my day. I love writing here because I love baseball and all the people in the game. Your support means more than you will ever know. I would love to meet you when you're in town. My email is shadowgames@earthlink.net.

Thanks to everyone at Bronx Banter for your support. I'll be fine because I'm already wearing my Derek Jeter T-shirt. The Captain always brings everyone home.
Our thoughts go out to the family and friends of Todd Drew.

No comments:

Post a Comment