[WE data via FG]
Not In The Highlights:
- The Yanks loaded the bases in the first inning with one out but Posada and Thames struck out to end the threat.
- A-Rod fell down trying to catch a pop up in foul territory
- A.J. Burnett build on his last strong outing against the Blue Jays with a seven inning, two run effort last night. He only struck out two batters but induced 11 ground balls and allowed just five hits and two walks.
- In the fourth inning, despite the fact that Francisco Cervelli erased a leadoff single by Marcus Thames with a double play, the Yanks managed to plate five runs. Ramiro Pena and Derek Jeter both chipped in RBI singles and Mark Teixeira launched a three run homer off of Gio Gonzalez to center field.
- Stop the presses, Damaso Marte pitched a full fucking inning!
- Joba Chamberlain allowed a single to lead off the ninth inning but erased it with a double play and escaped without allowing a run.
- The Yanks fly up the coast to Seattle for a four game set with the Mariners which will lead them into the All-Star break.