[WE data via FG]
- Alex Rodriguez's DEEP third inning grand slam, his third this season and 21st of his career
- A-Rod's second homer
- A-Rod makes a nice catch and doubles off Rosales
- Teixeira's slick catch in foul territory in the fifth
- CC Sabathia's 7 2/3 dominant innings
Not In The Highlights:
- Jeter just beating out a double play ball in the third. Not saying it was a great play or admirable in any capacity because he's The Captain Derek Jeter®, but if he gets doubled up there, A-Rod leads off the next inning instead of coming to the plate with two outs and the bases loaded.
- It was clearly A-Rod's night, driving in five of the Yankees six runs and playing strong defense, but CC Sabathia was quite impressive as well. CC allowed one run in the first inning and loaded the bases in the fifth, but was otherwise never really in trouble, striking out ten A's while allowing seven hits and three walks. His pitch count climbed to 118 with two outs in the seventh and David Robertson got the final four outs (two via strikeout) without allowing anyone to reach base.
New recap style. Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments? There would probably be more in the "Not in the highlights" section if I didn't fall asleep in the 6th inning.