Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Charmer Under Me

Well I hoped you've enjoyed reeling in the years today, looking back at the first four World Series contested between the Yankees and the Brooklyn Dodgers. I knew heading into this that recapping all eleven series would be a bit arduous, and it's proving to be a bit more time consuming than I thought. I had hoped to get through the fifties today, but it just wasn't in the cards. Still, tomorrow's a new day and we have another off day on the other side of the weekend to do it again.

Meanwhile, tonight's an off night. So while I do some dirty work, refreshing my memory on the '53, '55, and '56 World Series, see if you can't go out and buy yourself a thrill. Or do something fun. We'll see you in the morning.

And in the event you didn't get enough Brooklyn today, here's a little Steely Dan for you:

1 comment:

  1. If you're pressed for time, I don't think anyone would mind if you skipped '55 (and while you're at it, '63 and '81)

    ReplyDelete