Saturday, August 8, 2009

Game 110: I Feel Free

Now that the Yanks have taken the first two against the Sox, the momentum feels as if it has shifted significantly. Matt and I are both reporting live from Red Sox Nation (Cape Cod) and can independently verify that the morale among Sox fans is on the decline. The Yanks are rolling, having won 16 of 21 games since the All-Star Break while the Sox are reeling, having lost 7 of their last 12.

Furthermore, the Yanks send CC Sabathia to the mound today while the Red Sox counter with Clay Bucholz. The young righty has made four starts this year spanning 19 1/3 innings with a 6.05 ERA, allowing 28 hits and 11 walks. If momentum is only as good as the next day's starting pitcher, I think we know who that would favor as well.

Despite the season series still being tilted significantly towards the Sox, the Yanks have guaranteed that they will emerge from this series with at least the 2.5 game lead they came in with. The Yanks are playing with house money for the rest of the series. In poker, they would call it freerolling. The Yanks are feeling it.


Dance floor is like the sea,
Ceiling is the sky.
Youre the sun and as you shine on me,
I feel free, I feel free, I feel free.

No comments:

Post a Comment