Saturday, May 2, 2009

Game 24: Roll It Over

So, how about that game last night??!?

No, seriously. I'm asking. 

I was watching up until it was 4-2, and Pettitte was standing on the white plastic cleat cleaner thing on the back of the mound as Danny Cunningham dispersed some drying agent on the front.

Life intervened, and by the time I got back to the TV, I had missed the collapse, the redemption, the climax and the denouement. They were leading when I left off, so in the grand scheme of things, I didn't really miss anything... right?

Today, CC Sabathia is matched up against a minor league journeyman named Matt Palmer, who has four career starts under his belt. I recall a similar pairing earlier this season, which ended well, but wasn't nearly the mismatch it appeared to be on paper. 

Let's see if the Yanks can take some of that momentum from last night and roll it over. 


Roll it over, let's take it from behind,
Roll it over, let's take it from behind, 
It's only love, God knows it ain't no crime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment