Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A-Rod Press Conference Screen Grab Recap [Live-Blog]

1:25PM: Apparently there will be a doorbuster-style media entrance to the press conference because as of now, this is the best MLB.com could do.

1:39PM: Still just the studio B-team. They just said A-Rod was "projected" to answer questions from the media. They are running on empty in terms of material.

1:44PM: OMG, He's 14 mins late! Press conferences are never late! John Heyman said he's not going on until 1:48 because he arrived fashionably late to the facility. The man does know how to be the center of attention. They guys in studio are killing him for it.

1:49PM: It's A-Rod!!!!

1:51PM: According to Jason Zillo, just like the Peter Gammons interview, there will be no follow up questions

1:54PM: He will be donating to the Taylor Hooton Foundation, started for a football player who killed himself while he was on steroids. Excellent choice.

1:56PM: He's getting more specifc into his drug usage, but reading from a piece of paper. Who is his cousin?


1:59PM: "To my teammates..." (a ridiculously long "dramatic" pause with about 4 sips of water and 28 facial expressions) (lip quivers) "Thank you." How about "I'm sorry", asshole? That was fucking terrible.

2:02PM: He won't name his cousin. I don't know how many cousins he has, but that shouldn't be that difficult to find out...

2:05PM: God apparently has put him in this position. And he is here to help the kids.

2:07PM: It was "amatuer hour" and he "probably didn't even do it right". I think he was actually talking about the time he and his cousin made a plastic bong out of a Pepsi bottle and didn't inhale, though.

2:09PM: A-Rod says those 25 guys are a family and that this crisis will bring them together. He also said he owes them an apology... and then thanks them again. "I'm Sorry". It's not that hard.

2:14PM: Kat O'Brien of Newsday has a lisp and asked the question about the "loosey-goosey" atmosphere. Priceless.

2:16PM: Joel Sherman asked him why he would inject himself 36 times with something if he didn't know how it helped him or if he was doing it right. Not surprisingly, A-Rod's answer was less than complete.

2:18PM: He benched 310 in high school but only benches 240 now?

2:25PM: And that's that.

3 comments:

  1. I'm here for the 5:00 free crack giveaway.

    What? Why's everyone standing around for? Did I miss it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha - I should have probably put the word out, but I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I believed him (probably because I want to). I'm not sure why he would lie given this unique opportunity to air all mistakes. Also, he should have told his teammates that he was sorry for being a screwup. However, he did sound stupid. He was right, he should have went to college.

    If he did believe that Boli was not a steroid, I will not crucify him for lying to Katie Couric, etc.

    I can certainly empathize with dumb mistakes made as by 24/25 year old...I had never thought about it that way before. I guess it's that we expect our "heroes" to not make mistakes, but at the end of the day we are all humans.

    As far as the Yankees having a great season this year, I think he was telling the truth!

    ReplyDelete