Sunday, January 18, 2009

Justin Tuck For D-Coordinator

I'm only half kidding. Have you ever heard this guy talk about football? He says all the right things, works incredibly hard and is never satisfied. He was also at the Knicks game last night that we are about to do a photo retrospective about, and if we weren't in the 200 level I would have ran on the floor when they interviewed him at halftime and hugged him.

I was watching "Inside The NFL" the week after the Steelers' game and he said the following on the sidelines (the only reason I still have this is because I transcribed it and emailed it in to the Max Kellerman show but they never read it on the air... fuck them):
Before the game:
  • "Everybody saying, you know, 5-1, Roethlisberger vs. Eli. You know what? F____ the quarterbacks. That ain't what's gonna win this football game."
And right before right before the drive when they got the safety, he said"
  • "I just heard their snapper is out. James Harrison is their back up snapper... Let's make them punt the ball right out huurrr!"
Prescient on both counts!

Your move, Jerry Reese.

No comments:

Post a Comment